There are so many pancake recipes online and a ton call for 5-10 ingredients, who has time for that? Especially, when you need to feed toddlers lol! I dug around looking for some pancake recipes and this one caught my eye. All you need is one bowl, one spoon, and three ingredients!
- 2 cups 250ml milk (skim, low fat or full fat)
- 2¼ cups white self raising flour*
- 2 large eggs
- Whisk the eggs and milk together to combine. Add in the flour, and beat until the batter is smooth and lump free. Add in any option add-ins you like here.
- Heat a nonstick pan over low-medium heat with cooking oil spray. Wipe over excess; pour about ⅓ cup of batter per pancake. Cook pancakes for 1 to 2 minutes, or until bubbles appear on the surface and the bases are golden brown. Flip and cook until golden; transfer to a warmed plate; repeat with remaining batter (spraying/greasing pan between ever second or third pancake if needed).
- Serve immediately with yogurt, ice cream, whipped cream, maple syrup, berries, or any other toppings you like.
*2-4 teaspoons sugar
*2 teaspoons baking powder (for extra fluffiness)
*1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
*Pinch of salt
*1/3 cup chocolate chips
*1/2 cup blueberries or raspberries
*Substitute with plain or all purpose flour if you don’t have self raising. Add 1 tablespoon of baking powder when adding the four and whisk until smooth. You can also use whole wheat or wholemeal flour.